Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sunday, July 12th KENDALL MTN, FOXES

It has been a very dreary, rainy day but Jane & Charles, Jim & I elected to go up Kendall Mountain anyhow.  Good call; it was a good day.

We started up the very bumpy road into the pine forest.
Here we are waiting on a deer in front of Charles' Jeep:
 Into the trees; Charles:
 Red dot is Jane:
 Lumberjack Jim:
 Reward:  the illusive Red Columbine:
 Going up in elevation, the weather is looking heavy:

 Looking down at the trail we took:
 Bumblebee:
 We see a fox family every year in the same location. 
On the way up, I saw the mama standing on this snowdrift, but
by the time the Jeep stopped, window down & camera out, she had moved on:
Our route to the old den was blocked by snow, but, 
 Jane & Charles being the "mountain goats" that they are climbed to the top
and were rewarded with seeing three babies:  
These are Charles' pictures.  I could kick myself for not trying to make the climb.
Definitely going back!



 Always a black one: mom is part black:

 Kits will be kits:







No comments:

Post a Comment