Sunday, June 7, 2015

June 1, ANTELOPE POINT, GLEN CANYON LAKE DAM TOUR @ LAKE POWELL

Next stop, the Glen Canyon Lake area at Lake Powell.

Antelope Point may be one of the most awesome sights I have ever seen.  Pictures were taken inside the cave without flash.  We took a bunch of pictures and about half of them came out good.

Sometimes the blog will not let me rotate a picture, but this is the only one I have of the entrance:
(If anybody knows how to rotate on a blog, pls let me know) 



 Couple of escaped crazies looking dazed:





 This one should be rotated to the right also.  They call it "Candlestick":
Afternoon found us touring the dam.
From the top of the dam:


Inside:
From the bottom (once again, should be rotated):
Grass growing at the bottom of the dam:

On the way back to the car, we heard a commotion on the bridge.
It was this truck hauling a large houseboat across the narrow bridge:
 We watched them trying to unload it, but after awhile gave up & left:
I suppose the very low lake level was contriubtng to their delay.  
I believe I heard that the lake was at 48% capacity.



No comments:

Post a Comment